Mike Young tagged me and seven other people to write seven things about ourselves after he was tagged.
Here are my seven:
1. I’m in Minneapolis, Minnesota right now, and I will be here for five more days, visiting my family.
2. I can eat the same thing for breakfast for months at a time, up to a year, even.
3. I don’t drive a car, I own two bikes: a Bridgestone road/touring bike, and a CCM that I built as a fixed-gear that was recently rebuilt and converted to a single-speed by Adam, who can actually build a decent bike.
4. I was named after Evelyn Nesbit after my parents read E.L. Doctorow’s book, Ragtime. Evelyn Nesbit was a “Gibson girl” and a prostitute.
5. In general, dogs frighten me. Given the choice to bike past an unleashed dog or swerve wildly into a lane of traffic, I have swerved wildly, almost causing a van to drive into me once on a road in Greece.
6. When I was a kid I liked reading “true adventure” books like Into the Wild. I still do.
7. “But long periods of time can go by when I don’t even think about sex, when I would rather read, or go through my things and get rid of them.” … “But I always fantasize about being alone. I picture myself walking around the city, never with another person or with a group of friends. I know it’s not what I want; I don’t know why I’m so interested in it.” (from I Go to Some Hollow by Amina Cain.)